Thursday, June 4, 2009

I want to be a Renaissance Woman like Ullabenulla

Art is not a thing, it is a way. -- Elbert Hubbard 1859-1915

Blogs open doors to worlds you share only if you venture out. They are like taking the road less traveled. You start with a blog you know and then visit the blogs that inspire the blogger. This journey took me to Ullabenulla and upon entering I knew I was home. Eclectic, whimsical, joyful, artsy, with a gentle invite me to different worlds travelers eye...this is the blog of a renaissance woman...a woman for all seasons.
I have purloined a few of her blog pics to share with you. To tease you into visiting her blog and see why she makes my soul leap with joy.

Antique color wheel illustrations...how fabulous!
She leaves no sense untouched and you cannot help but be captured by the many worlds Ulla dances through. Everything around her inspires Ullabenulla and I find by visiting her blog she pushes me to find my own inspirations.

I could not resist the hand colored engraving of the mermaid and her seals.

A fiddle playing fox, what fun. I wonder if he knows Turkey in the Straw and does he play that to lure a turkey into his lair for a late supper.

You must visit her millinary and jewelry inspirations, her fashion, her food and Christmas. Do not miss her Christmas. I have already listed Ullabenulla in my "Where the Wild Women Are" selection of my favorite blogs as I must visit her each day for an inspirational fix.

Wild women - galpals...I love you all!
Do not pass Ullabenulla by, your world will be less colorful if you do so.

1 comment:

Ulla said...

Oh my! A Renaissance Woman and a Wild Woman all in one post!!! Thank you so much for honoring me on your wonderful blog Dari! Perhaps we shall meet amongst the seaweed in the deep one day? I am honored to be on your blog...
Wet Selkie Hugs,
Ulla