Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Booth Space

I have been a busy woman this weekend and I’m excited to share that I have moved into new booth space at Queen of Hearts in Buford, GA. I adore my counter space at Vintage Village, Snellville, but have wanted to expand to a much larger location for some time now. I’m one of those sellers who has to “feel right” about the space. If it doesn’t talk to me, I cannot be convinced to take it. Last weekend, I grabbed my sister and took her to Queen of Hearts as she was looking for a new dining room set. While sis shopped, I was talking with a few of the dealers and before I knew it, they walked me over to a primo space with a great location and at a rent I couldn’t say no to. So, I signed the lease agreement, went to Home Depot and purchased paint to change the existing industrial green to a neutral coastal sand and I was off to the races.

Still lots of room for my things. Have to find some old doors so I can build some door displays.



I'm crazy for globes. Something about the muted blue of the sea maps calls me.


I adore vintage clothing and have been collecting and wearing it for over 2 decades now. This Hugh Hefner type smoking robe is wonderful.

Circa 1960s peignoir set in, smoking robe and a 1930s West Point Military Academy dress jacket with lots of brass.

Lovely Post Civil War settee. Rare Pecan wood. Great Southern piece. Circa 1860s

Bird cage with crows. You can never be too ready for Halloween.

My honey came with me this Sunday to help me unload and set up. It is wonderful to have a partner who enjoys and supports this field. Makes the setup move quickly so you can enjoy working the display of items. After an hour setting things up, we headed back home but not before we decided on a late lunch.

A stop at Ippolito's, one of our favorite Italian restauants and with the best garlic rolls anywhere. Fresh antipasto for two, Fettucine Alfredo for me and Eggplant Parm sandwich for my love. A perfect end to a lovely day and a new venture. Sea Witch

9 comments:

FrenchBlue said...

Great eye you have there! It is rich and curious with a touch of whimsy~ Yum to those garlic rolls too! Good luck with your new venture!
xox's

misselaineous said...

Two comments in easy terms...Beautiful space, love your eye for putting it together and Yummy...Italian anything...It's 6 AM and I'm yearning for garlic!!! Have a great week *elaine*

svelteSTUFF said...

What a dreamy way to spend a day!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Good luck with the new space. Looks like you have some interesting finds!

Ana said...

Your booth looks great! Wishing you all the best in your new location. Have a wonderful Monday!

Hugs,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

Bettyann said...

Good luck with the move..the new space looks fab..wish I was closer..

Thewhimsicalchick said...

Dari, Now that is VINTAGE! You go girl. I have to get down there and see it in person. You really have the nack. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
Becky (WHIMSY)

Terri Lee Takacs said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I so enjoyed your comments!
Now I have to dive into this blog of yours .....oh boy ~ antiques!!!!

Jacque said...

Great new space...lots of good looking wares too! Best wishes on your new ventures.