Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Joy's Vintage has moved into Vintage Village

When I was visiting Vintage Village on Sunday, I stopped into the shop behind the main store to visit with Joy of Joy's Vintage.  Joy always has the neatest kitschy items and always fantastic prices. She was going to move into Vintage Village upstairs (there are two floors of treasure) this week.  Will miss the 1950s fridge filled with old time soda's and Yoo Hoo but her moving into the village will be a great move for her.  So while she was packing things to take over, I found some items I had to come home with.

Always love these 1940s shoe stretchers.  Mostly because they are such a wonderful pale pink and pale blue.

Pretty little lace and ribbon dress collar.  This is boat neck size so it has lots of lace that can be used for repurposing in other projects.

My favorite find at Joy's.   A lovely carnival glass, stretch vase.  So keeping with the kitschy mood, I brought a few great, vintage school pieces into my main booth.

Heavy red wool and stadium blanket with letter and name stitched on it.  A pair of gold fur tall band hats, a band shield with the letter "N", a marvelous band/majorette hat with plume, and a pair of vintage letters for an athletic sweater.

I love this hat with the bright orange feathered plume.  What fun it would be to wear this to your local high school football game. 

Make it a his and hers night when you wear matching band hats.  Vintage wool letters for your school sweaters.

I'm knee deep in fabrics as I begin working on my NY raviolis Halloween costumes.  Hope to have these finished by this weekend.  Found some novelty fabric that I couldn't resist so I will have a surprise outfit for Kit Kat on top of her Strawberry Shortcake request.  Will post photos when I finish them.  Have a wonderful week and blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch

4 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

You find the most interesting items. I love those shoe stretchers. I've never seen them in those pastel colors. I wonder if people still use them? I think they're for nostalic purpose only now...thanks for stopping by and visiting me. I'm in full force of Christmas crochet for Germany and tyring to be more productive by cutting down computing. I love it, but it does consume a large part of my day, if I'm not careful.

It's raining, so it's a good time to stay inside and crochet.

Have a lovely day and God bless you, my friend.

Best Regards,
Doris and Gizzy :-)

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

I really love that lace collar! I have promised myself that as soon as I have a few extra dollars I am hitting the antique mall and see what I can find in the way of vintage linens. Great pictures, wish I was there...:)
Tina xo

Seawashed said...

I mentioned you in my post this morning. ox

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Those vintage school items are so nostalgic!

My almost 30 year old daughter loved Strawberry Shortcake when she was a child! I know you make such pretty costumes...I can't wait to see them!