Friday, November 19, 2010

Funky Friday

Funky, freaky, faboosh, either way it is Friday and I posted a mixed bag of items today.

FIRST:  Musings of a Sea Witch was noted in a blog article, "Top 50 Blogs for Yard Sale Aficionados" !  Whoo hooo.  Alex Deeds created a blog titled Associates Degree and provides collective data to students who are pursuing an Associates degree and also offers interesting side items.  My blog made #13 and he writes "This blogger sells antiques, creates jewelry, and even sews her own creations. Visit her blog to see them all, or get a few tips for your own. A recent entry was on a trip to Georgia."  What is neat about this blog article is that it lists some fantastic sites that I was not familiar with and really opened up my yard sale blog connections.  I hope you enjoy visiting the link and checking out other tag, garage, yard salers sites and a shout out and thank you to Alex for putting this together.

SECOND:  Wanted to share a recent acquisition that I found at the Vintage Village Candlelight Open House.  I was actually standing in line waiting to get checked out when I came face to tail with this item.  Had to have it and I hung a pair of balls from it and now it is a festive item for the holiday.  I know, I laughed outloud when I saw it and I hope you do to.

Yes, this is a tree rats tail (or grey squirrel).  My sons always called them tree rats so it has stuck.  The perfect gift for the "big game" hunter who thinks he has prize trophies.  Well without this, your game room is incomplete.


View from the side, sorry, this just makes me burst into giggles every time I see it.

Wanted to take a better photo of the child's Victorian chaise.  So lovely.  I wish it was adult size, I would have kept it.  I think it is perfect for a sea witch to lounge her tail on.

Found this lovely vintage silverplated water pitcher at Goodwill. Got it for $2.00 as it has a split seam but I thought it would make a lovely holiday floral display.  I dropped in pine florals and a pretty red poinsettia and really liked the way it turned out.  I'm always amazed at how found items like this always looks so good with a little bit of repurposing.

THIRD:  Can't wait for this day to end so I can begin the weekend. Sis and I are gonna road trip to Lexington, GA and check out the little shops there.  Grab a bite at one of the local cafes and just gossip until we drop.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Sea Witch

2 comments:

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Sea Witch-

Congrats on the article! That is so cool! I'll have to check it out.

I love that little Victorian chaise! I agree, if only I could find a full size one like it, I'd snap it up. I have a child's settee... maybe it will appear in a future post.

Have a great weekend!

-Pam

Madame DeFarge said...

The squirrel tail is fab. Love the baubles hanging from it!