Monday, November 22, 2010

I promise to pray every night for her sir.

These are the words left on my son's facebook page from one of his soldiers.  Simple words that touch my heart and ease my soul.  I have never wanted to post about the difficulties that may come my way as everyone has hardships.  However, I am asking for any prayers, any strength and good wishes you can send my granddaughter's way.  She is in the hospital from a clot on her brain and has just been diagnosed with AVM or Arteriovenous Malformation. An AVM is a tangle of abnormal and poorly formed blood vessels (arteries and veins). They have a higher rate of bleeding than normal vessels. AVMs can occur anywhere in the body and never come to the surface.  Brain AVMs are of special concern because of the damage they cause when they bleed. They are very rare and occur in less than 1% of the general population.  Who knows why these things happen and to the smallest of us. The most innocent of life are children.  I will not dwell on the why but on the how we can help and support this sweet child so she is back to her princess dress imagination days.





Mom and dad are with her and will be living at the children's hospital for the next few weeks.  She has an MRI in the morning to see how far the swelling has gone down and how far the bleeding has diminished.  Once the bleeding has stopped, she will undergo an angiogram to determine the next step.  It appears that surgery to correct the AVM may be necessary.  My sweet 5-cheese ravioli has a long row to hoe and I believe in the power of prayer when it is given with love and care to one who needs it.  We will know more as the days go by.  Sea Witch   

14 comments:

Bettyann said...

oh my dear friend I am praying for your sweet ravioli..am sending angels to watch over her....hugs to you dear lady...take care

Crowing Moon said...

Poor little lady. Sending extra prayers from all my kids and hubby... that will make it 8 times as strong.

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh Dari yes you can have all the prayers I have to give and I will ask others I know to pray for her as well. Bless her sweet beautiful heart!
I believe in miracles and it's that special time of year when miracles seem even more abundant, I know there is one for little ravioli!
Love
Tina xo

just call me jo said...

Prayers are coming constantly. Your granddaughter is adorable. I am thinking of you and her and her family.

Decorating With Art said...

What a sweet angel face....sending prayers to you and your family.

Kathleen said...

Your little grandaughter will be in my prayers, and I will ask friends to pray as well. Hugs, & blessings, Kathleen

Beach House Living said...

Prayers to your granddaughter for successful treatment and quickly healing.

Barb said...

Oh My goodness! Honey, I am sending prayers up. I am asking for wisdom for the doctors, strength for all of you, and healing for your precious granddaughter.

Much love,
Barb

Madame DeFarge said...

Thoughts winging their way. I'm not religious, but thoughts are still there. Take care.

Bettyann said...

Thinking of you and your darling lil ravioli today...take care..

Thewhimsicalchick said...

What a beautiful little girl. Still praying!

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

I am thinking of your granddaughter and hoping for the best for her. What a scary thing for you and her parents to go through. No little child should have to spend time in a hospital. I hope it's something the doctors can fix for good. Best wishes.

-Pam

Unknown said...

I will pray for your princess ravioli, her family and you.

Bettyann said...

hugs and prayers are coming to you dear lady...hope all is well..