Monday, April 18, 2011

From this...to

It was a beautiful Atlanta weekend and I missed most of it with a nasty cold that turned into asthma.  As Jesse states so clearly on this famous poster for asthma...I feel like a fish with no water. 
This mermaid spent all day Saturday beached in bed or a chair trying to capture any little breath I could through that ever tightening vice around my ribs.  30 hours later all had passed and I spent Sunday just feeling like a person again.  Anyway, don't cry for me Argentina...I figure I will die laughing anyway as even a good belly laugh can bring on an attack.  My problem is I tend to laugh my way through life so I suppose laughter will be the death of me too.  Okay, I have to type it...LOL.  Anyway, Sunday afternoon found me feeling like more of myself and I had to get moving again.  My sister was selling off her entertainment shelving and my honey and I grabbed it up to replace the overloaded shelving unit I was using.    So from this...

LOL...I know, can I fit anything else into it? 

To....


Wait for it...


THIS!!!!

OMG, what a difference.  So much storage for our books and photo albums and CDs and DVDs and you see none of it.  Love that clean look.  Now all I have to do is get my shelf displays together...I just tossed them in until I could do just that.  After a few hours of this change out, I was feeling tired after yesterday's asthma attack so I stopped for the evening.

But don't ya just love it?  My honey and I sure do.  It's the little things ya know.  Now, that I have it, I'm thinking it could use a faboosh makeover in a distressed, seawashed blue green. 
We shall see, that may be a job in the future. 
  
So, do ya know anyone who can use an empty, solid oak wall unit? It's on castors for easy moving.  Have a wonderful week all from the "I can breathe, Sea Witch!"

9 comments:

Robin Larkspur said...

Fantastic makeover!!! Love it! Sorry to hear about the asthma attack; not good times, poor mermaid!! Take good care now!

just call me jo said...

Love the new storage unit. It is loverly, loverly!! I'm glad you can breathe again. Carry on,sea musing friend.

audrey said...

Oh, sweet sea witch, I am so glad you are feeling better. It is a terrible, frightening feeling to have a hard time breathing. Stay well.
Your new entertainment center looks fabulous. I love your idea of washing it with a sea color. I think it would look beautiful.
♥ audrey

The Country Nest said...

Glad you are feeling better, not breathing,not good! The new storage unit is 100% better!!

Ana said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better my friend... Unfortunately I am way too familiar with asthma attacks myself...I use to suffer from them a lot when I was a little girl. I can relate with laughing and getting an attack. I remember once while watching I Love Lucy I started to laugh so hard that I got an asthma attack... I thought it was the end :-P Anyways, your new entertaiment cabinet looks great.

Hugs and kisses,
♥Ana

Unknown said...

Wow - it looks so much better and what a nice piece of furniture. Keep breathing!

Bettyann said...

so sorry you felt like a fish with no water...glad you are feeling better..wow what a difference in storage..a distressed blue-green sounds like just the thing..have fun and wear a mask when painting..

sassytrash said...

I'm SOOOOO glad you are feeling better!! (I always wonder how any of us can breathe with the amount of pollen floating around!) Great entertainment center makeover!! Looks fab but must have been a lot of work!!

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Oh, I feel for you with the asthma! My mom has it, and dreads getting a cold for fear it will move into her lungs and trigger the asthma. Hope you're feeling normal soon. But LOVE the entertainment center! It's nice to have so much room for storage!

Pma