Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Weekend Finds

Wishing everyone the blessings of Easter and hoping that the renewal of spring will bring peace and contentment to all.

Those doxie eyes, she was not pleased about wearing my latest acquisition, a faboosh Edwardian summer hat.

Most of Atlanta and its outlying communities shut down on Easter Sunday so I was busy running around on Saturday.  We had a damp and cloudy weekend so it was off to my favorite haunts.  

Started off with a visit to Antiques in Old Town, Lilburn and one my favorite dealers, Cheryl, whose Romantic Farmhouse space is dreamy had this lovely hat.  I had to have it and this gorgeous hat is a big one and I'm now trying to talk myself out of keeping it.

Stunning Battenberg lace parlor tablecloth, is another lovely piece from Romantic Farmhouse.  This is a keeper for me and I use them throughout my home.

A great pair of late Victorian lace up leather boots.  Still soft and wearable and with that coveted "witches" heel.  These will be in my Victorian space at the Buford, Queen of Hearts next weekend

Now that spring is in full swing, I begin preparing for summer holidays like Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day celebrations with lots of red, white and blue.

A sassy navy and white stripped, full brim hat is very 1950s.

Another vintage, patriotic red straw hat with shiny vinyl ribbon around the brim.  

 Swung by Curious Possessions in Snellville and found this pretty vintage straw hat.  These will all be in my main space at the Buford Queen of Heart in May.

Delightful "War Babies" by Will Rannells circa 1917, puppies wearing bandanas print in original frame. This sweetie will be in my main space at the Buford Queen of Hearts Antiques & Interiors.

 Gorgeous Van Briggle, blue matt crescent moon pottery vase came home with me and will stay for a while.  I always get weak in the knees with this color.

I'm a fool for antiques oil lamps and use them all year long. This gorgeous base is a huge piece and slightly sun purpled with the base in immaculate condition. Now I'm on the lookout for pieces to make it a working oil lamp. Found this beauty at one of my favorite antique haunts, Vintage Village.

Now it was off to a few local Goodwills and thrift shops for more treasure hunting and it wrought an eclectic group of finds.

Darling, vintage lingerie hamper with a barkcloth lid.  This beauty is much smaller than it's cousin the standard size clothes hamper and is small enough to put on a shelf or counter top.  A thrift store find, this is the first small one that I have come across in decades.

Lovely, silverplated serving dish is in like new condition.  I can't wait to serve guests specialty recipes with it.

Sweet pair of turn of the century items, a child's cup with hugging girls and a milk glass butter dish with pretty pink roses painted on it.  It always amazes me what you can find out there.

Bonjour.  Nice set of vintage, French language lessons on records.  These will be in my main space next week.

 Sweet mid century beaded bag from Hong Kong.  Do you use them, I do and they are great for holding your smart phone.

 
A delightful Goodwill find, this lovely plate is handpainted and marked Bavarian on the back. 

Early American Pressed Glass is beginning to see a wider demand with collectors.  With so many patterns to choose from you can often find fantastic pieces for a few dollars.   This medium size compote has a sassy topper and is now in my personal collection.

Lovely early cut glass olive server.  This is a smaller piece, about 6 inches in length and has lots of sparkle.

Pair of gorgeous cut glass water goblets from the late Victorian era.  These will be in my Victorian space in April.

And finally, my last acquisition of the Saturday hunting trip...

gorgeous, early 1900s hand pieced and quilted quilt is rich with calico fabrics and a feed sack back.  Many of the calico fabrics in the squares have shredded rendering this a cutter quilt, but it is so lovely, I will display it until I decide how to use it.

It was a fantastic Saturday for treasure hunting and now I have to prepare most of them for my spaces for resale.    As for my back room cleanout, I am nearly completed with the second room. As soon as the pollen mess washes away and the temps go back up, it is on to the garage next.  So, wishing everyone a lovely week and blessings to you and those you love.  SeaWitch

No comments: