Sunday, January 29, 2017

And the state bird of Florida is...

the  "Tchotchke".

In all of the states and countries I have bought and sold in, never have I seen so many smalls in one state.  Shop after shop is filled with smalls, dust collectors, silly and cheap souviners, novelties and just assorted crap.  LOL Still, I worked my way through two thrift stores and a collectible mall and did find a few treasures among the junk. 

Found this lovely flow blue transferware, low bowl for a few dollars.

Sweet opalescent milk glass chicken on a nest with cold paint red details.  These are always a good seller for me.

A stunning, opalescent hobnail bowl.  EAPG by Hobbs, Brockunier (Elson) in their Dewdrop hobnail pattern, c.1887

Sweet little souvenir "fairing" of a porcelain shoe with gold luster calligraphy "Waterbury, Ct."  These were popular as gifts for travelers at the turn of the century through the 1920s.

Nice pair of 1920s ladies shoes in great condition was a Treasure Trove find.

Pretty little powder dish with brass topper.   Circa 1900s.

I love these handled tea sandwich or cookie servers.  Very popular in the 1930-1940s, this one is the palest shade of lavender with stunning gold lustre on border and handle.  I am trying to convince myself I don't need it and need to sell it. 

Great find from the collectible and consignment mall, a late Victorian, bentwood hat rack.  Nifty copper finials, this piece is dated 1880-1889.

 Lovely EAPG covered dish was a great find.  A rare pattern by King & Son, this non-flint covered dish with the sought after bleeding heart pattern, circa 1870s.

A pair of large porcelain doll heads. Both had wigs and eyes of which I removed as I will use these in Halloween pieces.

Okay, okay, yea I put the blonde china doll wig on my little girl. She was not happy but after I fell into a pile of giggles you have to admit, she is a great "Doxie-Godiva". 

Found another home this week and my offer was accepted so I have an inspector coming on Tuesday and hope there are no surprises.  I so want to nest in with my things and then find a place to start selling again. Wish me luck that this goes through...and as always, I wish blessings to you and those you love. Sea Witch 

No comments: