Monday, April 23, 2018

April showers bring thrifting and flowers

 A lovely and busy weekend filled with planting hibiscus and hydrangeas and preparing beds for landscaping.  I lost every shrub and plant from the winter double frost we had and had to pull up everything and start anew.  Still, this was an opportunity to replace what was originally planted, which were non indigenous flora, with native tropical plants like hibiscus.  The only non native item I added were hydrangeas.  I adore these mopheads and had to plant them under the front window.

Replaced the heavy, white plastic blinds with cellular shades.  Love these for their black out capabilities and they are light in weight and easy in lifting and closing.  In between my household tasks I did a little junkin in my local haunts.

A fantastic, retro nine piece set of vintage mid-century silver rimmed glass tumblers with glass coasters in caddy. Queens Lustreware Set by Kimiko. The set was a hostess gift for early Guardianware home parties. Circa 1970s  Looks like it was never used.

Fell in love with these vintage Taylor Smith Taylor, Bread and Butter plates and berry bowls.   Pattern is called Conversation and they are a marvelous green border edge with a Jack in the Pulpit in the center.  Circa early 1950's.  You don't see this pattern too often.

Mid century stretch and swung glass vases are hot hot hot.  I can't keep them in my booth spaces long and the warm colors like this amber footed bud vase sell quickly.

Always crazy for anything Early American Pressed Glass (EAPG) and this pretty footed server with handle.  It's hard to see but there is lovely floral etchings on it.  This will be added to my personal collection.  EAPG is often priced for pennies on their value and this one was marked at $1.99.  Lucky me.

I have never come across a hat stand with a vintage dollhead with bobbed hair.  Nice art deco stand.

How fun is this Cologne bottle embossed with western motifs and the word Stampede? This amber bottle is a cologne called Stampede for Sears and Roebuck.  Next to it is a small Wheaton bottle of a fish that says Doctor Fisch's Bitters, Millerville, New Jersey.  Both are from the 1970s.

Lovely pair of cut crystal sherbet goblets.  These are gorgeous.

And my last find is this Charming child's cup with the word sweetheart. CHERRY W/ THUMBPRINT aka Paneled Cherry ca. 1904. Another EAPG piece that I may hold for a while before I bring it into my space.

Wishing everyone a marvelous week and blessings to you and those you love.  Sea Witch

No comments: